Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Company growing quickly in spite of the way it is managed. Lower level co-workers are great.

Cons

Management very elitist , if you don't have a VP in your title you are not one of the "Club"

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who have given many years of service to the company

reviews filtered by

Chaotic environment with no accountability

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Low stress and not demanding in terms of amount of hours worked. No accountability by mgmt for any work done so free to create own job description

Cons

No recognition for work completed. No input on career direction. No accountability by mgmt allowing other employees to coast and doing no real work.

Advice to Management

There is no advice I have for mgmt since there is no team environment that would allow them to listen to advice.

GPS

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Great opportunity to get into the power generation industry if that is what interests you. The company really is world-class in terms of leading the industry. The benefits package is very fair. The new CEO is younger and could potentially change some of the company's old ways.

Cons

The company is very "old boys club". Most of the upper managers have worked their way up in the company since it's early days (the company is only 50 years old) It is hard for young people to gain respect of managers, coworkers and company "lifers". The company is/was very very very antiquated in terms of work/life balance.
    At the time I left, there was no "flex-time". Meaning as a salaried employee you had to work until 5 every day no matter what or take vacation time. You couldn't for example, work 7-4:30 on a day if you had to make it to the kids' soccer games by 5.

Advice to Management

Management certainly needs to respect and value education. They also should rapidly modernize the culture if they want to retain employees for the long term.