General Dynamics Information Technology
www.gdit.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

Good experience for working with one of the "big boys."

Program Analyst (Current Employee)
Patuxent River, MD (US)

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany has been very good to me, ensuring that I have received good raises in compensation for helping to improve relations with an unhappy and demanding customer.

They have periodic incentives to encourage employees to be more healthy. Like last year, they had a program where people tracked their walking/running and, if you exercised x times per week, your name went into a drawing. Some of the prizes were things like iPads and A WEEK OF PAID LEAVE.

ConsIn the current environment, with threats of sequestration and DoD budget cutbacks, working for any defense contractor can be a bit nerve-wracking.

From what I can see, most GDIT employees are embedded at customers' work sites. So your day-to-day work experience is much more affected by your government customer than by the the actual policies of your employer. Not really a CON, per se, but it can be if your customer is difficult and the GDIT management doesn't stand behind you.

I worked for a small contractor before and did have more of a sense there of being known as a person and not just an employee number.

Unfair Company with regard to applicants

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros: They have abundant positions listed, with easy online application process. Cons: This firm does not give online applicants (in Northern Virginia) with over 10 years working experience a FAIR CHANCE to be CONSIDERED for positions they… Advice to Senior Management: See ABOVE! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good benefits, but limited opportunities from within

Senior Analyst, Functional (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD (US)

Pros: Benefits other than health plans are priced fairly and comprehensive. Evaluation process is fair… Cons: It's very hard to move up within the company. Recruiters don't seem to help you try to move up within the company unless someone has… Advice to Senior Management: Make it easier for current employees to climb the corporate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Dynamics Information Technology.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Information Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics Information Technology CEO S. Daniel Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees.