There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good experience for working with one of the "big boys."

Current Employee - Program Analyst  in  Patuxent River, MD (US)
Current Employee - Program Analyst in Patuxent River, MD (US)

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has been very good to me, ensuring that I have received good raises in compensation for helping to improve relations with an unhappy and demanding customer.

They have periodic incentives to encourage employees to be more healthy. Like last year, they had a program where people tracked their walking/running and, if you exercised x times per week, your name went into a drawing. Some of the prizes were things like iPads and A WEEK OF PAID LEAVE.

Cons

In the current environment, with threats of sequestration and DoD budget cutbacks, working for any defense contractor can be a bit nerve-wracking.

From what I can see, most GDIT employees are embedded at customers' work sites. So your day-to-day work experience is much more affected by your government customer than by the the actual policies of your employer. Not really a CON, per se, but it can be if your customer is difficult and the GDIT management doesn't stand behind you.

I worked for a small contractor before and did have more of a sense there of being known as a person and not just an employee number.

470 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Needham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Needham, MA (US)

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefit choices and access to tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Wish the headquarters were in the greater Boston area.

Unfair Company with regard to applicants

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

They have abundant positions listed, with easy online application process.

Cons

This firm does not give online applicants (in Northern Virginia) with over 10 years working experience a FAIR CHANCE to be CONSIDERED for positions they are WELL qualified for. They primarily focus on calling those for interviews who are young and less expensive than older applicants in their 40s and 50s, who earn more because of their experience. I have lost all respect for GD. GD must reconsider their application process and consider more applicants who are above 40 years old. What was once a great company is no more.

See ABOVE!

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!