General Motors

www.gm.com

Change is Inevitable... and Required

Analyst (Former Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsGM will teach you a tremendous amount regarding surviving and prospering in a changing environment. The experience will harden you and force self-reliance.

ConsGM does not consistently adhere to its core values.

Advice to Senior ManagementGM needs to finish the job of "cleaning house" -- As long as the pre-bankruptcy executive leaders are in power (with only a few exceptions), GM will continue to sustain business as usual. Intense focus needs to be placed on building automotive manufacturing capability and intellectual capital to encourage innovation and creativity that will bring on youth engagement and excitement around the GM brand.

Pay is decent but unstable work environment.

Production Operator (Former Employee) Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at General Motors as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: The pay is good and some of the workers a good but… Cons: Unstable work (layoffs), upper management only thinks of cutting costs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging but stale

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company vehicle, decent pay, benefits Cons: company in decline, no public trust No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!