There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Positive experience that has allowed be to grow as an employee and person.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at GP is the stability of the company. I enjoy working for my boss, the hours, and work.

Cons

I at times worry about the upper mobility in the company. I have only been with GP a year so no firm reasoning or evidence that strong employees will not move up the ladder quickly but it is something that I question at times.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the underachievers regardless of how long they have been with the company.

reviews filtered by

Solid company with strong culture, really dedicated to its "free market" phiilosophy.

Former Intern - Marketing Strategy in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Intern - Marketing Strategy in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to move around, a friend of mine moved from HR to Brand Management on request. Pretty democratic, junior people have a voice in meetings and there is a culture of challenging leaders. Almost everyone is very easy to get along with. A place of integrity.

Cons

Not the most exciting industry, things move very slow in such a huge and static organization. Hard place to get by if you're of the left-wing economical mindset.

Abusive Management

Current Employee - Salaried
    Current Employee - Salaried

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hourly employees are easy to work with, conscientious, and very safety aware. Peer relationships are positive. High turnover provides excellent opportunity for recent college graduates to gain experience.

Cons

Senior leadership is generally abusive to "hands on" salaried employees. Communication is top down only - providing feedback that is perceived to be negative will be a career limiting action. Salaried personnel with key technical knowledge will be on constant call - as knowledgeable hourly employees have a contractual right to turn down call-outs. Salaried employees generally 5 to 10 years between compensation increases, resulting in very high turnover. If you are considering this company as an employer, take that into account and come in with an exit strategy.

Advice to Management

Quit abusing your salaried employees.