Georgia-Pacific Corporation
www.gp.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

GP corp is super high one the safety aspects of plsnt operation!

Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader (Former Employee)
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI previously state Geogia Pacific take their safety to the highest level. As well as in a greviance situation there is always a fair compromise usually worked out.

ConsBiggest concern I have for the local Plant - Edmonton Alberta, they had no problem letting the facility go on s six month strike, while management was force to run the board line/crossing the picket line.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with knowing the ground floor workers. Remember, U hired human being with different stories to life and really try to understand: you work with what you get. Maximize this realization and the crew dynamics go up and so does work effort/attitude.

Good company, good people

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Professional working environment, respectful management. Now that Georgia Pacific is a private company (purchased by Koch Industries) a lot of the corporate bloat… Cons: Big company slower to make decisions. Management has good philosophies "Market… Advice to Senior Management: Embrace Market Based Management. Find ways to keep senior team members… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Progressive place to work at with a blend of old-school and new-school ideas

IT Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: IT is a dynamic organization filled with people who have a lot of experience. People are… Cons: This is an organization where people tend to stay for many… Advice to Senior Management: Provide people more lateral opportunities for upward growth eventually. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia-Pacific Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Georgia-Pacific Corporation CEO Jim Hannan. All reviews posted anonymously by Georgia-Pacific Corporation employees.