Georgia-Pacific Corporation

www.gp.com
  www.gp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

GP corp is super high one the safety aspects of plsnt operation!

Former Employee - Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I previously state Geogia Pacific take their safety to the highest level. As well as in a greviance situation there is always a fair compromise usually worked out.

Cons

Biggest concern I have for the local Plant - Edmonton Alberta, they had no problem letting the facility go on s six month strike, while management was force to run the board line/crossing the picket line.

Be more consistent with knowing the ground floor workers. Remember, U hired human being with different stories to life and really try to understand: you work with what you get. Maximize this realization and the crew dynamics go up and so does work effort/attitude.

310 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation (View Most Recent)

Good company, good people

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional working environment, respectful management.
    Now that Georgia Pacific is a private company (purchased by Koch Industries) a lot of the corporate bloat was reduced down to core efficient teams. Less people and more work getting done. At least in the IT side of GP.
    I really enjoyed my time at GP and felt that I was rewarded for my efforts most of the time.

Read up on Charles Koch's book market based management to see if you would be a good fit for the culture. I personally found it fit my personal values so i embraced the idea.

Cons

Big company slower to make decisions.
    Management has good philosophies "Market Based Management" but not all leaders actually follow it.

Embrace Market Based Management.
    Find ways to keep senior team members engaged and not too comfortable.

A decent Company to work for.

Current Employee - Operator in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Operator in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great hourly pay. Recession proof consumer products. Extreme focus on safety. Additional performance pay for reaching key goals.

Cons

Accepting change related to strong focus on the bottom line. After over 20 years of employment with this company it was purchased and became privately owned. The owners drive the company on a set of principles called Market based management(MBM). It was difficult at first adjusting from being a human to being a commodity. But reality is in this system what you contribute is what you are worth to them. They reward innovation, reliability, safety, adding value, etc. Don't plan on working here and doing enough to just skate by. You won't last long.

Somehow consider the humanity of those that work hard to make this company successful. Right now it is all about the bottom line. Time off flexibility, etc. continues to erode as policies evolve. We are not machines, we have emotions and families.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation