There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

Lots of politics in middle management

Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They use good technology and they have casual dress code. Plus they have good team building events

Cons

Some of the middle management are not at all technical and sometimes projecst are taken up without a feasibility study or a discussion with a senior technical person

Be more open to talk to Technical people before undertaking a project. Also work from home option should be expanded

287 Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy (View Most Recent)

They care about their employees

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Employee Appreciation Initiative is awesome. They gave a team money to do some activity such as paintball, watch a movie, lunch. The activity can involve multiple teams, and the spending limit is $50 per month per individual in the team, which can be accumulated for up to 3 months and do something bigger. You can even have guests for the EAI.
    -Holiday Party at the end of the year is even more awesome. The party is really cool and entertaining throughout the night. Two drinks for free allowed per person and guest. They give out at least $1 million dollars in cash for employees. Celebrity performance. Rents out Chase Baseball field for the party. Free picture booths. Just simply amazing night and atmosphere.
    -A lot of SWAG!
    -Some cool and smart people
    -Communication is really well established among all employees. The communicator is always on for all employees and they use the phones constantly if needed.

Cons

-I'm not a big fan of tall cubicles. It seems pretty isolated, and places with rarely any sunlight, it's so dark.
    -Phone cannot be used or pulled out in restrooms, nor in customer service center.
    -Some websites banned like Facebook and Dropbox.
    -Lots of customer service employees in the same area as developers.

Go Daddy is a fast-paced and fun environment.

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have felt like have been given many opportunities to participate in contributing projects. I do not feel like my internship is a waste of time. I get to spend time looking at code and learning deployment processes. The management lets us know of our improvement and acknowledges opportunities for when we graduate school.

Cons

The internship program does not have a well built program. We are pretty much treated as full-time employees without the benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy