Best Company period

Current Employee - Mine Operation Training Coordinator
Current Employee - Mine Operation Training Coordinator

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Good, smart and reliable work force, good chanel of comunication to the management, alwaiys looking to implement toptechnologies.

Cons

Safety in Mexico is quite low, a lot of drug cartels and Militar confrontations every day, the only safe place is in the mine site.

Advice to Management

Continue doing and supporting the company culture, you are in the right pad.

reviews filtered by
  1. Safe Enough for Your Families

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Goldcorp has the greatest people working for them. The staff is very knoweldgeable and love their jobs. They have great beneifts and provide a standard 3 weeks of vacation for all staff.

Cons

Salary could be higher and earning 4 weeks of vacation could come sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, don't become a RIM or Microsoft.... keep working hard to be the best!

2. Working in Goldcorp

Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Goldcorp has a great position in the industry, being a industry leader Goldcorp takes great effort to provide a safe, healthy and profitable working environment for employees. Goldcorp encourages transfers between different working sites and there are many different carrers such as miners tradesmen, mill technicians, refiners, assay technicians, training, HR, engineering, secretarial, mechanical, electrical, construction, carpentry, and many more. Goldcorp offers numerous employee education and improvement programs to inspire leadership and growth of people. Goldcorp also pays competitive wages.

Cons

From my experience some of the negative aspects could be the remote location of some mine sites. requiring the employee to work on a two week on two week off schedule, (which is also a good thing for some people.) Mining is also not the easiest of jobs. Underground operations also have a higher risk factor.

Advice to Management

I enjoy working at Goldcorp. I really encourage our senior executives to continue the strategy being put in place. Continue being open and approachable. Having been able to meet many of the corporate executives in the company I work for, is one of the many reason I would never work anywhere else.