There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs - great privilege to work there

Current Employee - Research Vice-President in London, England
Current Employee - Research Vice-President in London, England

I have been working at Goldman Sachs

Pros

Very flat structure
Truly great teamwork culture
People are always impressive personally and professionally
Senior managers very accessible to everyone

Cons

Long hours can be the case

Senior management always impressive but some heads of teams lack people management skills and appear at times to have been promoted for their commercial impact and not their leadership skills

1755 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Goldman Sachs - A great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in London, England
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in London, England

I have been working at Goldman Sachs

Pros

I work with some of the smartest people in the world. Everyone is 100% dedicated at GS. Additionally, the level of communication is outstanding with everyone knowing what's going on at any one time. We tend to have a lot of meetings which can be viewed as negative (analysis paralysis some might say), but I find it very helpful. Everyone gets involved in the approval process this way, and everyone's voice is heard. The flattened hierarchy at GS avoids all the beauracracy and people can get down to work without worrying about the "proper" chain of command. And lastly, the technical systems that have been built by in-house GS personnel are some of the most advanced and useful pieces of software in the industry.

Cons

Nothing really important that would warrant a comment.

Keep up the good work!

Private Wealth Management Co-op

Former Employee - Private Wealth Management Intern in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Choosing to work at Goldman Sachs for my six-month undergraduate co-op was perhaps the best opportunity of which I've taken advantage. Their culture of mentorship, pursuit of perfection, and diversity (in backgrounds, cultural ties, and ways of thinking) of employees made it an excellent experience. All but a handful of people in my 80-person office were accessible and willing to share advice. The hours were long, but I think this is a pro for an internship because it builds work ethic and makes any future jobs with less demanding time commitments seem easier. I learned more than I knew there was to know while also making solid connections.

Cons

Hours and lack of breaks during the day/"go, go, go" mentality made work-life balance impossible to achieve during the week, but PWM is not as bad as other divisions like banking.

Help interns find housing; continue involving interns in meetings with visitors from other offices; encourage senior people to allow interns and analysts to listen in on client calls.

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs