Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs - great privilege to work there

Current Employee - Research Vice-President in London, England
Current Employee - Research Vice-President in London, England

I have been working at Goldman Sachs

Pros

Very flat structure
Truly great teamwork culture
People are always impressive personally and professionally
Senior managers very accessible to everyone

Cons

Long hours can be the case

Senior management always impressive but some heads of teams lack people management skills and appear at times to have been promoted for their commercial impact and not their leadership skills

1810 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Goldman Sachs - A great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in London, England
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in London, England

I have been working at Goldman Sachs

Pros

I work with some of the smartest people in the world. Everyone is 100% dedicated at GS. Additionally, the level of communication is outstanding with everyone knowing what's going on at any one time. We tend to have a lot of meetings which can be viewed as negative (analysis paralysis some might say), but I find it very helpful. Everyone gets involved in the approval process this way, and everyone's voice is heard. The flattened hierarchy at GS avoids all the beauracracy and people can get down to work without worrying about the "proper" chain of command. And lastly, the technical systems that have been built by in-house GS personnel are some of the most advanced and useful pieces of software in the industry.

Cons

Nothing really important that would warrant a comment.

Keep up the good work!

Summer Intern

Former Employee - Analyst Intern I in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst Intern I in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

1. The people I worked with were very nice and knowledgeable. Everyone came from a diverse background and most of the employees spoke more than one language.
    2. The facilities and offices were quite nice for the smaller cubicle life, made it easier to ask each other questions.
    3. The work-life balance wasn't as bad as I expected. A lot of people came in at around 7:30am and were all mostly gone by 6pm.
    4. Management was very nice and I could tell they got along with most of the employees on a personal level.

Cons

1. The work was a mostly monotonous and tedious. I was working on an intern project but seeing the work that the full-time employees were doing didn't seem much better.
    2. Majority of the employees seemed to be doing the job at the moment to build experience and their resume so they could move on to a better role outside the company.
    3. Promotions didn't seem to happen often. My full-time offer after my internship wasn't very high either. High 50's.

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs