Goodyear
www.goodyear.com Akron, OH 5000+ Employees

Awesome pay. Work not so bad. Business volatile. Lawton, Ok Plant

Production Worker (Current Employee)
Lawton, OK (US)

I have been working at Goodyear full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay, healthcare, 401 k. Lots of scheduled days off. With 12 hr shifts it doesnt take long to get 40 hrs.

ConsYou're constantly playing by a new set of rules.

You're on camera.

Any accident is always your fault

The word about good pay has made its way everywhere. So every average joe from all over wants this thing. I had a cab driver tell me that they moved there from Georgia so they could become a contractor (who gets paid min wage and work 12hr shifts) just to get their foot in the door.

They created a new pay scale for new hired prod. workers. You start at half pay and get a 10% increase every 6 months until you get full pay (which takes 2 1/2 yrs).

I cant reccommend this job to friends and family bc of the new pay scale rules

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is diiferent in all departments. You either like them or you dont.

Field Manager

Field Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Goodyear full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: great job great company. good place to be in this… Cons: good place to be in this economy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Changing

Akron, OH (US)

I have been working at Goodyear as an intern

Pros: Work life balance, emphasis on interns and their future. Cons: Fast paced, stressful moments, unstandardized business process. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Goodyear.

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodyear CEO Richard J. (Rich) Kramer. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees.