There are newer employer reviews for Google

The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging work environment, you get to learn a lot, especially in the beginning, huge scale of the projects, incredibly smart people, cool office space, perks (stock option and bonuses) and (healthy and yummy!) food. Variety of domains and products, you can always find something for yourself if you decide to change the project.

Cons

Difficult to get a promotion (you may get frustrated after a while), often have to work late, working from home is rarely an option, not so many career opportunities outside Mountain View, the most interesting projects are focused there.

Reward long term and experienced employees.

2574 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

A rollercoaster ride of a company that's starting to grow up and act more like a mature corporation

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Google full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to meet an amazing network of great people; people are loyal and hard working; make lots of great new friends; work with super smart people

Cons

Turning into a larger, more mature organisation; some less important or smaller projects are often cancelled; harder to start up new innovative projects.

Product Managers should be allowed to be more hands on with the infrastructure.

Really good job, nice people

Current Employee - Software Engineering Trainee in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Trainee in London, England

I have been working at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It's a large company and you get to know lots of interesting people. It's was a great experience as an intern because I felt I actually did something during my time there, and I felt I have learnt lots of new things.

Cons

It was really hard to get all approvals to work in UK, and it was a very short internship. I wish I had more time to dive into their projects and their works.

There are newer employer reviews for Google