Google
4.2 of 5 2,092 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2092 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

The best company I've ever worked for!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

ProsChallenging work environment, you get to learn a lot, especially in the beginning, huge scale of the projects, incredibly smart people, cool office space, perks (stock option and bonuses) and (healthy and yummy!) food. Variety of domains and products, you can always find something for yourself if you decide to change the project.

ConsDifficult to get a promotion (you may get frustrated after a while), often have to work late, working from home is rarely an option, not so many career opportunities outside Mountain View, the most interesting projects are focused there.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward long term and experienced employees.

A rollercoaster ride of a company that's starting to grow up and act more like a mature corporation

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You get to meet an amazing network of great people; people are loyal… Cons: Turning into a larger, more mature organisation; some less important or… Advice to Senior Management: Product Managers should be allowed to be more hands on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Really good job, nice people

Software Engineering Trainee (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: It's a large company and you get to know lots of interesting people. It's was a great experience as an intern… Cons: It was really hard to get all approvals to work in UK, and it was a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.