There are newer employer reviews for Google

It's OK as a contractor.

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Portland, OR (US)
Former Employee - Business Specialist in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Smart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

Cons

You kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Be more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

2620 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

ISA Contract

Former Employee - Isa in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Isa in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great workplace environment, good pay, great location

Cons

Little prospect of being made permanent if on contract, even if they get head count for your role managers make no effort to help you gain a permanent position regardless of performance.

Stop hiring in people with no record over temps who have met and exceeded expectations

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I worked at Google full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a good company, very good option for entry level student to learn. The sales team is very flexible, and got a lot of opporunity to work with customer

Cons

people work inefficient, since the company is too big, you will find you are very small. And there is some office politics there. make you feel depressed.

There are newer employer reviews for Google