Google

www.google.com

It's OK as a contractor.

Business Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsSmart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

ConsYou kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

Google Maps Contract Staff in Dublin

Local Data Quality Evaluator (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Not many - free food, some nice people to work with and… Cons: System that never worked. Was there 2 years and not a day went by where there werent some issues with the system. Performance based pay… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees a little more, do not treat them like second class employees because they are temp.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

MBA Intern

MBA Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The food is good. The events can be fun. MBA… Cons: Google Enterprise was not a good place to intern with. The company isn't exactly sure whether it wants to invest in enterprise because the sales… Advice to Senior Management: - Better alignment between project and company goals - Don't put an intern on an island -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!