Google
4.2 of 5 2,093 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2093 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It's OK as a contractor.

Business Specialist (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSmart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

ConsYou kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

If it's too good to be true...

Ops (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Free food and looks good on the resume Cons: There are some very snobbish, insulting, and vulgar people here. Imagine a country club and a technology company… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up! Picking clean Ivy Leaguers and tossing them in a role is not always a plan for success.… More

MBA Intern

MBA Intern (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The food is good. The events can be fun. MBA… Cons: Google Enterprise was not a good place to intern with. The company isn't exactly sure whether it wants to invest in enterprise because the sales… Advice to Senior Management: - Better alignment between project and company goals - Don't put an intern on an island -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.