Google
4.2 of 5 2,099 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2099 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Google Summer of Code was the best experience a student can get

Google Summer of Code Open Source Developer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

ProsCompletely depends on the organization you choose to participate with, but the majority are rigorous, challenging and rewarding. I was able to solve extremely difficult problems while being mentored by the best possible mentors, and I intend to participate in GSoC '13.

ConsNo interaction with Google, which is a great and bad thing. Could use a slightly stricter structure, but overall the program is what you make of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand the program to more students!

Contractor - Google's people and environment are awesome, but the job responsibilities and growth rate are poor.

Staffing Services Associate (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Everything but the job itself. Work with cool people, eat for free, and play a… Cons: From my experience as an entry-level contractor, I feel like it's difficult to get well-rounded experience in your practice area at Google. Google hires… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on broadening the job responsibilities of your employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good, not great, company

Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart, motivated people. Great tools and build systems. Great infrastructure… Cons: Bad mid-level management, without a great way to do career development.… Advice to Senior Management: Career development and management reviews No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.