Group Health

www.ghc.org
  www.ghc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

Overall good place to work

Former Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Group Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great pay and excellent benefits

Cons

it is all about whom you and not really all your hard work and qualifications

be fair to staff and not play favourites

190 Other Employee Reviews for Group Health (View Most Recent)

Need a change in executive leadership, or a clearly communicated plan for the future!

I worked at Group Health full-time

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed my years at Group Health. I met many intelligent, quality people who really cared about their jobs and about the people Group Health serves. I was given many opportunities to grow and was promoted as a result. The facilities I worked in were modern and we had good equipment to work with. I was given a generous severance plan when my job was eliminated in a recent layoff.

Cons

Ever since the new CEO took over, the company has had internal problems which have not been visible to the outside world, until recently. The company has not met its financial targets for the last few years and the result has been a slew of layoffs in the last few months. Morale is not good and it does not appear that the executive leadership team really has a clear plan for how to move forward. The more critical issue is that if they have a plan, they are not sharing it with the rank and file, so there is no sense of moving forward as a whole. They also embarked on a critical technology project in the last couple of years that has really not paid dividends thus far. They need to get traction on this project or it will cause additional financial drain.

Develop a clear and straightforward vision for the future and communicate the details of it to everyone. If you don't, you will continue to lose the trust of the rank and file, and will continue to lose great people that have worked hard to make Group Health a success!

Prevention of stressful atmospheres

I have been working at Group Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As of now there are a diverse amount of services and specialty services that are offered here. There is a variety of providers and clinics that cater to unique treatment through the latest technology. There has been an impressive amount of high quality special care.

Cons

It is very stressful to be here since we never truly know what is going on. Rumors continue to persist until they become fact and there is little to no warning when this actually happens. It can often lead to hopelessness. There is a lack of regard for impacted staff.

Do not hint at what's around the corner. Just rip the band-aid off; get the bad news over and done with now rather than lingering on with eliminating positions or layoffs. Keeping the details private is not fair to us employees, we deserve to know. Prevention is key; exercise this philosophy.

There are newer employer reviews for Group Health