Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

I have grown more at Guidewire than I have at any other job.

Current Employee - Services Manager  in  London, England
Current Employee - Services Manager in London, England

Pros

The best part of working at Guidewire is that its corporate values are embraced at all levels, even all the way to the highest levels of executive management. Also, Guidewire is a very egalitarian company. The company truly values all contributors.

Cons

The only minor issue is that Guidewire's benefits are about average. The company could try to improve vacation packages, employee's insurance cost, etc.

Other reviews for Guidewire

I never thought Property and Casualty insurance could be this fun!

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

The relatively flat organizational structure really fosters a sense of community and openness. My colleagues are a bright and talented group that are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The rapid growth of the organization in 2012 and 2013 was challenging. However, growth has leveled off to a more comfortable and manageable level in 2014. Also, tunneling through granite is never easy...but definitely rewarding.

I'm not sure if management needs my advice now or anytime in the foreseeable future. Let me see, we are considered an industry leader in the P&C domain, customers love our software and our employees, investors are confident in the stock,..so I have only accolades, not advice, to offer to management.

Great people

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Foster City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Foster City, CA (US)

Pros

The people at Guidewire are friendly, supportive, and rational. The company is genuinely committed to Rationality, Collegiality, Integrity. The open environment fosters communication, the small teams encourage intense collaboration. Management genuinely cares about both the success of individuals and of the team as a whole. Agile processes with regular feedback cycles ensure that everyone has a voice in how we work, and in making that system of work more effective over time. This company has grown to dominate the P&C insurance vertical, and shows no signs of slowing down.

Cons

The absolute commitment to customer success occasionally creates pressure to put in crunch hours to ensure every customer is satisfied. While Guidewire generally does a great job with work/life balance, these unpredictable spikes could be alleviated if there were more spare capacity, the development team is stretching to reach all of the essential goals every year.

Expand development team (faster!) to increase slack capacity to respond to urgent customer needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!