Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

I have grown more at Guidewire than I have at any other job.

Current Employee - Services Manager in London, England
Current Employee - Services Manager in London, England

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

The best part of working at Guidewire is that its corporate values are embraced at all levels, even all the way to the highest levels of executive management. Also, Guidewire is a very egalitarian company. The company truly values all contributors.

Cons

The only minor issue is that Guidewire's benefits are about average. The company could try to improve vacation packages, employee's insurance cost, etc.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Still the one after all these years - great team, great cross-functional exposure and superb managers to collaborate

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA (US)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professionally I work on a variety of projects that stimulate my curiosity and work with multiple departments. I am still amazed at how well we collaborate and accommodate one another, since we are so global and so busy.I feel a great deal of professional courtesy given to me to be successful. It lets me feel positive about my chances for success. Even when I have a hard challenge, and when the good of the group may trump the path of least resistance, I am comfortable we choose to strengthen the company over personal agendas. And when I fail, which we all do trying new things, I am given props for not shying away from hard things as long as I make rational decisions. To have control over my destiny, definitely adds to job satisfaction. I am pleased with our results. Seeing 15 of my hires get promotions in one region alone helps a lot. I imagine that their lives are greatly improved with a move here. That is critical for me to feel like I can be authentic about the company. Now if I could just click my heels together to teleport to all my colleagues on every continent, this place would be perfect!

Cons

There is nothing easy about being a successful, growing, global company. You have to be agile and you have to be open to changing with the needs of the business. On the positive side, I trust my team so we lighten the load for one another. We aren't afraid of trying big ambitious projects. On the contrary we are making tough changes to get scalability. I think I have grown a great deal professionally since I joined over five years ago. I am rewarded for my work.

Keep the interesting and powerful messages coming about our successful user group conference, our wins as a sales organization, our progress with our customers, and about how positive of an impact our product makes on the companies we serve. As an example, one of our customers took out a billboard to announce their successful Go Live. That is a first for me to see! That is something to talk about - our customers like us and continue to make the journey with us. This is still fun.

Great Environment

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People genuinely care about co-workers. There are lots of room for finding where you work best. You don't have to find a new employer to get a new job. There are lots of growth happening. Its nice to be at a place which isn't just trying to just stay afloat.

Cons

Not many people can stay alert and active when concerning insurance. One must find their own motivation when dealing with certain aspects of the job

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire