Great opportunity

Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

Opportunity for advancment and growth

Cons

Less compensation in hospitality industry

Advice to Management

Great product

reviews filtered by
  1. Good for students, but not a career.

Current Employee - Hampton Inn and Suites - Front Desk Staff in Ukiah, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Hampton Inn and Suites - Front Desk Staff in Ukiah, CA (US)

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

This is a decent part time job for students. There is down time to work on school work, especially in the evening and early morning shifts. There are fairly predictable rushes if arrivals are looked up ahead of time. There is also excellent support from coworkers and the manager. There is also thorough computer training and help 24 hours a day for any problems that occur.

Cons

The Hampton Inn is franchised, so it can be a more stressful environment than a cooperation. The guest requests and unruly guests can be difficult to deal with in the late and early hours, as you're often the only person on staff. The wage is not competitive, and there is no opportunity for advancement. Family of the employees are not permitted as guests of the hotel. This is a decent introduction job for hospitality, but offers no incentive to excel or stay.

2. Happy with the balance of support from management and my abilty to solve problems on my own.

Current Employee - Front Desk Superviosr in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Front Desk Superviosr in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

Consistant number of hours worked week to week, flexable schedules, fun and friendly enviroment, supportive and involved management, small family-like staff.

Cons

must work weekends and holidays, may require early mornings or late nights, lower than average pay, management and owners are slow to correct problems

Advice to Management

fix issues with amenities in guest rooms. Correct signage in hotel. Notify customer of issues in surronding area that will effect them. Better visibility of all charges and fees.