There are newer employer reviews for Harvard University

A wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Telecommunications Manager  in  Allston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Telecommunications Manager in Allston, MA (US)

I have been working at Harvard University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Harvard offers tremendous benefits, from vacation time, medical benefits and financial investments. They offer various job opportunities and often promote from within the university. They believe in a family and work life balance. I feel fortunate to work at this university.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Upper Management strives to keep employees informed of any changes, updates, by regularly scheduling town hall meetings, where there is an open forum to address any concerns to upper management.

494 Other Employee Reviews for Harvard University (View Most Recent)

teaching fellow for harvard extension school

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Harvard University part-time for more than a year

Pros

well paid and less work. 20 hours/week. i teach weekly section and office hour. there are 4 teaching fellows in a section of 80 student. all of the other teaching fellows have taken this course so it is very easy to manage them

Cons

the tuition is not waived for this position, so the salary cannot cover everything and i still need financial aid from somewhere else

A rich and varied place to work, if life hadn't taken me elsewhere I would still be working here.

Former Employee - Assistant Director  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Harvard University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are excellent, from health care choices to the access to the amazing intellectual and cultural resources. Coworkers tend to be brilliant, often underemployed, and the standards are very high. Work/life balance is a priority in most units.

Cons

At an organization that has been around for almost 400 years, inertia can be a problem. It often feels like great ideas take ages to be implemented. The decentralized nature of the place makes it hard to get things done.

There are newer employer reviews for Harvard University

Worked for Harvard University? Contribute to the Community!