Hastings Entertainment
www.gohastings.com Amarillo, TX 5000+ Employees

Good people, bad company

Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee)
Jefferson City, MO (US)

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood discount, a lot of flexibility with schedule if you have a good manager

ConsAfter 10 years with the company I learned that it is all about your store manager. If you have a good manager, they do their best to shield their associates from the idiocy coming from the corporate offices. They also had a wage freeze in effect for about 3 years when I quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake smarter decisions, pay your people, and don't blame the little guys for the big guys mistakes. You can't cut labor back to nothing and still have everything get done.

Not a good Career

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Bryan, TX (US)

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun product, great customers, easy going co-workers. Awesome discount… Cons: Upper management has made bad decisions since the company went public. There had been… Advice to Senior Management: Don't give yourself raises when you can't do the same… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Co-workers and actual job is fun but upper management and corporate are totally clueless!

GoShip Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, atmosphere is fun, co-workers are fantastic. Discount is… Cons: Pay is very low, and they consider 30 hours full time. And that is all you will get, unless you BEG for more, and… Advice to Senior Management: Take employee feedback into consideration and get organized. Stay in a store in your district for more than just a few hours so you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hastings Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hastings Entertainment CEO John H. Marmaduke. All reviews posted anonymously by Hastings Entertainment employees.