Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

1662 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

It was a Joke

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Driving new cars
    Driving to drop cars off, gave you time to listen to music, be on your phone and relax, take a nap if you were traveling long distance

The location I worked at was relatively slow so I was always playing games on my phone

I only worked there for 6 weeks

Weekends off because I was still a trainee

Closed on Sundays and only open a few hours on Saturday

Really good paid/closed holidays(Closed most holidays)

Cons

The pay. This was my first job out of college. They paid me 10 dollars an hour! A college graduate!

They promised bonuses which I got but it was only 12 dollars which increased my pay by 1 cent an hour..

The office was really disgusting. Why will people pay good money for a rental car if the office where you rent it from looks like a shady business building with missing ceiling tiles, dirty wall, dirty carpet, and overall gross appearance.

They tried really hard to make my position legitimate because I had a degree but the customer service rep that was supposedly under me ( because he did not have a degree) was making 10 dollars as well...

Cleaning the cars in the115 degree Oklahoma heat and sweating in your dressy clothes.

I felt like I was wasting my life every second I worked there.

Recent college grads, its not worth it. I know time are hard and there are really no jobs, but you will be better off working somewhere else. For 10 bucks an hour, just work at Walmart.

Pay better. Its really degrading to college graduates to get such little pay. If you paid better people would stay and maybe your company would be taken more seriously.

Management Trainee = Underpaid Salesman/ Auto Detailer

Former Employee - Manager Trainee  in  York, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in York, PA (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cheap healthcare is nice, marketing is fun.

Cons

Get written up fairly often, vacuum cars with dress clothes on, Management Trainee position is not management training, its sales.

Restructure HLE staffing to differentiate: Managers, Salesmen, Drivers/Auto Detailers.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!