Overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

Other Reviews for Hertz

STAY AWAY FROM THIS LIFE SUCKING, NON MONEY MAKING GREEDY COMPANY.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You're allowed a lunch.

You get to drive new cars.

It's a job that allows you to pay some of your bills.

Cons

Constantly changing revenue, sales and customer service goals. Get this. If you don't achieve the city minimum in Customer service they take away 25% of your bonus. If you don't beat YOY sales at the counter they take away another 20% from you.

$10 or so start out as a trainee....

$11 if you happen to become a manager associate

$11.25 if you become a Manager Assistant

$600 a week if you become a location manager.

Please pay your employees properly. Stop making the bonus impossible.

HLE Branch Manager 3/ Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse

Former Employee - HLE Branch Manager III/Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - HLE Branch Manager III/Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The car an gas is a nice perk for managers. As well as the amount of time off give. Sales agents/ CSR's can make very good money if at a high volume location- 100k plus. If I were to go back to work for them I would go that route rather than management. I will say that Hertz does have the best employees, vehicles and policies addressing safety and maintenance of their fleet of cars. I will always be a customer.

Cons

Low pay, long hours! After 8 years of management and consistently moving up I was only making an avg of 45k. Hard to move up the ladder, you have to know the right people, must be willing to move to really be promoted and make decent money. On average if in mgmt you will work 10 - 12 hours days 5 days a week, especially once you are a manager. The worst thing is that they continually fire mangers that have been at the company for a long time 15 years plus. These are the mangers who have devoted their lives to Hertz and then without the blink of an eye they fire them for bogus issues. I have seen this happen over and over to good mangers! Don't waste your time working here if you have a degree, go somewhere else you will be better off. The "perks" are not worth the hassle . I got a new job with a future, with a better staring salary than I ever did with Hertz.

Follow your own acronyms. Make goals SMART... You would have a more success company if salaries were competitive. Successful dedicated managers like myself might stick around. Mark Frissora is an intelligent, charismatic, businessman who knows what he is doing the company has had a lot of positive changes but I don't think he truly knows what is going on at the lower levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!