Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

1762 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

It was a Joke

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Driving new cars
    Driving to drop cars off, gave you time to listen to music, be on your phone and relax, take a nap if you were traveling long distance

The location I worked at was relatively slow so I was always playing games on my phone

I only worked there for 6 weeks

Weekends off because I was still a trainee

Closed on Sundays and only open a few hours on Saturday

Really good paid/closed holidays(Closed most holidays)

Cons

The pay. This was my first job out of college. They paid me 10 dollars an hour! A college graduate!

They promised bonuses which I got but it was only 12 dollars which increased my pay by 1 cent an hour..

The office was really disgusting. Why will people pay good money for a rental car if the office where you rent it from looks like a shady business building with missing ceiling tiles, dirty wall, dirty carpet, and overall gross appearance.

They tried really hard to make my position legitimate because I had a degree but the customer service rep that was supposedly under me ( because he did not have a degree) was making 10 dollars as well...

Cleaning the cars in the115 degree Oklahoma heat and sweating in your dressy clothes.

I felt like I was wasting my life every second I worked there.

Recent college grads, its not worth it. I know time are hard and there are really no jobs, but you will be better off working somewhere else. For 10 bucks an hour, just work at Walmart.

Pay better. Its really degrading to college graduates to get such little pay. If you paid better people would stay and maybe your company would be taken more seriously.

HLE Branch Manager 3/ Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse

Former Employee - HLE Branch Manager III/Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The car an gas is a nice perk for managers. As well as the amount of time off give. Sales agents/ CSR's can make very good money if at a high volume location- 100k plus. If I were to go back to work for them I would go that route rather than management. I will say that Hertz does have the best employees, vehicles and policies addressing safety and maintenance of their fleet of cars. I will always be a customer.

Cons

Low pay, long hours! After 8 years of management and consistently moving up I was only making an avg of 45k. Hard to move up the ladder, you have to know the right people, must be willing to move to really be promoted and make decent money. On average if in mgmt you will work 10 - 12 hours days 5 days a week, especially once you are a manager. The worst thing is that they continually fire mangers that have been at the company for a long time 15 years plus. These are the mangers who have devoted their lives to Hertz and then without the blink of an eye they fire them for bogus issues. I have seen this happen over and over to good mangers! Don't waste your time working here if you have a degree, go somewhere else you will be better off. The "perks" are not worth the hassle . I got a new job with a future, with a better staring salary than I ever did with Hertz.

Follow your own acronyms. Make goals SMART... You would have a more success company if salaries were competitive. Successful dedicated managers like myself might stick around. Mark Frissora is an intelligent, charismatic, businessman who knows what he is doing the company has had a lot of positive changes but I don't think he truly knows what is going on at the lower levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz