www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great company

Current Employee - Sales and Service Agent in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Sales and Service Agent in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am working here since October and until know I had the best training ever. All colleagues help you in your integration in the company.

Cons

Till now, there is no cons. I am a junior inside of the company. In a few months I will review my rating.

9304 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP has lots of potential only time will tell if this latest turn around effort works

Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are absolutely fantastic people who work at this company. They are very supportative of telework and flexible schedules. Most managers genuinely care about employees and do their utmost to support them.

Cons

There are several cons particularly around compensation. Benefits have been dramatically trimmed since Hurd was first CEO to better improve the company's performance. Ongoing media drama and difficulty to make real change within the company without all of the bureacracy. Company is very much top down; which decision making restricted to the upper echelons. Front line managers are not provided with budgets to run their teams.

Push decision making closer to the actual work and improve compensation. Return to HP's core beliefs by updating the HP Way. These beliefs are want attracts employees and customers to the company.

Hewlett-Packard

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people working toward a common goal; insane levels of communication from top management all the way down - real focus on transparency and making sure that employees understand the direction, the messages and what is going on with the business.

Cons

We are an intensely diverse work group with a huge percentage of "teleworkers". The working from home is great but requires organization, drive and self discipline to "get it done" every day, without anyone looking over your sholder.

Figure out how to get teams together annually for face-to-face meetings

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard