Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great people and opportunities but serious issues at the top

Project Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsLarge company with lots of opportunities for exploring different businesses and functions. Great people. Collaborative. Flexibility to manage my schedule - to work where and when works best for me.

ConsToo many years of sacrificing the future for the current quarter. Rewards have become too concentrated at the top of the company. Really bad decision making at the executive and board level for way too many years. Workload is ridiculous at times. Little to no time or dollars for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to grow through acquisitions (especially gigantic, stupid acquisitions!). Focus internally on innovation and invention. Create a more balanced bonus system (profit sharing rather than the ridiculous 'pay for performance') to give all levels of the company incentives, rather than just executives.

A Market Leader Under Siege

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros: 1. Satisfactory compensation and benefits 2. Breadth/scope of IT businesses may… Cons: 1. Quarterly performance emphasis favors expedient vs. strategic 2. Lack processes… Advice to Senior Management: Trying to execute an inorganic growth strategy without a solid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Support Engineer

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company allows autonomy in doing one's job. Flexible working hours.… Cons: Direction of the company is muddled at the top - primarily the board of directors. … Advice to Senior Management: Pick the markets you want to be present in, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!