Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great work life balance, overall a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Fort Collins, CO (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Collins, CO (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance. No pressure to work more than 40 hours a week. Extra effort usually is rewarded.

Cons

Size of the company is huge. There is constant management and structural changes. It is sometimes impossible to get the equipment needed. Takes forever for a plan to be put into place.

Cut out all of the bureaucracy and let the enigneers get things done. Stop thinking quarter to quarter and thing bigger picture

8760 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

hp Executive Management doesn't have a clue

Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to remain employed during the past four years and beyond. But then, I also have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to prosper and therefore survive the Compaq acquisition of Digital Equipment Corporation in 1998, plus the HP acquisition of Compaq in 2002. I always seek to work with computer hardware and software solutions that have the most promise, carefully avoiding those solutions that are injust a "me-too" category to say we offer it.

Cons

Don't come to HP thinking you will achieve the salary level I have. The new mantra from Human Resources is that you will no longer receive any COLA adjustments to your salary, only the "possibility of an annual bonus, subject to the overall performance of the company". The problem with this is that individually, you have no incentive to perform at a high level as they give everyone the same bonus, or no bonus at all, if they deem revenue and profit inadequate. So, I have adjusted to this by evolving into only an "average" employee.

HP Job Requisitions in JobSearcher go unfilled due to the lowball compensation offered. HP Executives continue to receive the Million-Dollar compensation increases for a company with a stock value at $ 15.00 a share. It's a cliche', but "You get what you pay for" at the individual contributor level, so don't expect much of your new hires, as they will have no training or experience for that $ 50,000 annual salary you pay them.

Work at HP

Former Employee - Financial Associate IV  in  Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Financial Associate IV in Chennai (India)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Atmosphere is good at HP

Cons

Too much Work Pressure at BPO sector

Recognize hard working people

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!