Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great Company to Work For.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Global recognition and lots of oppty

Cons

None that I can think of

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Not a clue about how to treat their employees!!

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Camp Hill, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Camp Hill, PA (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was a job I had for over 4 years during the "Great Recession" it was nice to have a job.

Cons

Paid 20 -30K below median pay scale. Treated very poorly. Very low scale on the job training. Felt like a number. Some areas were managed like a fraternity/high school clique. Management by fear. Annual pay increases did not occur three out of the 4 years employed there. Never felt as if the ship was being steered in the right direction.

Case and point, HP had 3 CEO's in two years. HP has not come up with any new innovations to propel them forward or capitalize on any of their company purchases. Examples include: the BILLIONS of dollars used to purchase EDS, that was a bust. The stock prices went in the toilet over that one, and the Autonomy debacle also has caused serious doubts about board decisions. They spent more money making bad financial decisions when they should have been pumping those monies into R and D, Management training. and annual salary increases. Definitely not a good employment choice.

Reinvent from the top down, make good financial decisions, accept blame and take personal responsibility when making any decision. Listen to your employees more deeply, and pay them fairly based on the work level and results provided. Pray that your company is around in 50 years or someone like Oracle will own you.

A big company with a lot of internal opportunities

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was able to transition to different functions in a couple of years and work in two different countries. In my 5.5 years with the firm, I was able to do software testing engineering (using Mercury tools), project management, account management and finally technical sales lead.

Cons

The business units were not structured well - sometime different team would compete for the same deal before the same customer. Also the pay increase is a downside for veterans.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!