Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

A company with great people and great products

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)
Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, family friendly, wide range of opportunities, many opportunities for growth, amazing people. Our products are very cool, our process is very fast, it's amazing what we do on a daily basis. I really LOVE it here and everyone I work with!

Cons

Having a tough time with our rapid CEO cycling and direction changes. New site in Vancouver is rather cramped and difficult at times to really spread out.

Think outside the box. We need to innovate new disruptive technologies. Printers and PCs have become commodity, smartphones and tablets are the new normal we need to think of new ways to cater to the new market. We need more patience and a longer attention span for developing new goods and services.

9460 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Too Big for its own good

Former Employee - Director of World Wide Business Development in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most talented people in the industry work there. They pay well and they give bonuses at year end

Cons

You are always worried about your job-there does not seem to be stability. I had 8 bosses in 3 years..impossible to move up the chain and promotion is very rare.

Stop changing direction of the organization so frequently. Even if you have a great plan..you do not stay with it long enough to realize it

I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HP is heavily focused on quality customer deliveries and satisfaction for its quality products and services. They have many professionals that put in hours to intensely perform and are great people to work with. The employees are very supportive of one another throughout the organization.

Cons

HP is going through a season of infrastructure transitioning to better serve the customers and meet the ever changing technical environment. This should increase our growth in the long term. However, due to 2 past CEOs with some unwise decisions, as well as the global economy impacts, HP is moving slowly in its growth.bWith salary reductions in 2009, followed by a slow economy, employee raises are very small, with promotions and career growth with internal job changes almost nil. Bonuses have been reduced or some eliminated.

Meg Whitman, HP’s current CEO is leading us with clear vision and direction for the future. However, in the infrastructure transition, it would be great to have a position that would better utilize my skills, talents, solutions, and top performance to more strategically benefit the company. I personally have applied to many applicable internal jobs for 1 ½ years, where I meet and exceed the background, experience, and requirements with no success. The internal career development process needs to be improved.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard