Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great opportunities for a broad range of technology work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Allerød (Denmark)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allerød (Denmark)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Exciting Projects, Broad range of technology and service solution areas. Great colleagues who are helpful in any way possible. Good food

Cons

Consultants are not rewarded for the huge amount of work they put in everyday.
    Not much support from the business unless it involves sales

In order to increase performance of the consulting business sales personnel need to measured on consulting sales otherwise they have no reason to focus on it.

Great place to camp until economy recovers

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Great people in the trenches. Wonderful sales support. Company has great reputation

Cons

Middle management more concerned about forecasts than customer satisfaction issues, To many individuals calling on the customer. Many sales managers only want to be involved in the close so they can claim credit.

Stop trying to be all things to all people

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!