Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

9083 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

From the garage to the boardroom

Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP is a market leader is most of it's product categories. It offers a great place to start , good support levels gives a new person a good chance succes

Cons

Cuts, cuts, cuts more focus on internal costs than people. Even if the company does well financialy it still looks at the easy way to increase profitability (people and benefits)

People were the greatest asset of the company and management should take time to value, foster and reward the people that not only increase revenenu but those who help the customer

Management needs to listen to their people

Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Working with some of the most talented engineers and professionals in the computer industry is one of the highlights of my day.

Cons

Management often makes decisions in the face of compelling data provided by their people. When things don't work out, they push people harder to pull out all the stops to recover from their bad decision. Management refuses to acknowledge their bad decisions yet they seem to continue getting promoted and rewarded while the people delivering the products are over-worked and had benefits and pay cuts while watching coworkers get 'managed out' by relative performance ratings which is really just a workforce reduction in disguise.

Start listening to your people. Start taking care of your people. Start appreciating your people. Without them, you are nothing. You can't outsource everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard