Former Software Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer
Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and flexible working schedule

Cons

Right now it is struggling and you never know when the next layoff is since they've been doing so many. Morale is really low but depending on which group you are in.

Advice to Management

Next time you do 10% pay cut you should apply that to your bonuses also... 10% pay company-wide is fine but when your base salary is 250k and you make millions in bonuses that is not calculated in the pay cuts is unfair

reviews filtered by

Groping in the dark!

Current Employee - Intermediate in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Intermediate in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Work life balance (in DSAS at least), flexi timings, reasonably good work culture

Cons

Frequent shifts in organization structures leads to uncertaint; hierarchal structure which makes transparency; decision making and action difficult, Deteriorating attutudes towards employees, flimsy HR practices (division level), poor mangement (division level)

Advice to Management

Reduce hierarchies, if you must cut employee benefits, do it with velvet gloves, get above regionalism/parochial mind set (division level)

2. Hewlett-Packard Company Review

Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashua, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashua, NH (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Hewlett-Packard allows employees to take risks and to be pioneers in their field. They feel it is better to try and fail and learn rather than not try at all.

Cons

The company is rather large so being recognized for your achievements is sometimes quite a challenge. YOu tend to be lost in the mix.

Advice to Management

It is important to always listen to everyone in the company. The listening should not stop at any one level but should be valued from not just the top down but from the bottom up.