Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)
Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

9056 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

ESCAPED!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

If you work you butt off, you get rewarded.

Cons

But --expect to have no life. Expect people to tell you-- you have no life. Expect people to say "you need to get a life." Do I work to meet the outragesou timelines--only if you don't want to get yelled at by management who is so intimidated that they can speak up. Cut costs---all the way. Bring your pens, paper, napkins, coffee. HP was a company that valued creativity---now it values cost cutting. Folks--Hurd isn't going anywhere soon.....so get used to it.

Seriously....do they even listen to their employee opinion survey. Here is your advice--how can the Executive team work together not compete against each other?

A typical large company that fails to differentiate from others like it.

Former Employee - Solutions Architect
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Large company with wide opportunities in multiple technologies; multitude of customers within Fortune 500; stability during challenging economic times; great benefits.

Cons

Poor communications within the division and especially across geographies and other business units; motivated employees leave often.

Recruit and retain top talent, greatly improve communications up and down as well as horizontally.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard