Hormel
www.hormelfoods.com Austin, MN 5000+ Employees

One of the better food companies to work for .....

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS (US)

I have been working at Hormel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBetter pay than Seaboard, Smith-field, Farmland, Swift (JBS), or Tyson.
Much less stress than average packing house jobs ...

ConsUnless you have a frat brother, uncle, or god-parent as a VP, or are a minority, you will find promotions VERY slow ...and unless you really understand being on your feet 8 to 10 hours a day working in cold cold environments six to seven days a week ..you might be in for a shock ..

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the patronage out of the internal job bid system, and make it a level playing field, stop hiding choice jobs for favorite employees.
Quit trying to bring in young college kids who are completely over whelmed by working 10 plus hours days 6 and 7 days a week, and poach more employees from other companies.

It was okay while it lasted.

Associate Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)
Beloit, WI (US)

I have been working at Hormel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pension, Profit, Sharing, Bonus if you can get vested. If… Cons: Locations, Capital Project Frugality, Culture Advice to Senior Management: Get to know your employees strengths and weaknesses and put them in a position to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good

Packaging Crew (Former Employee)
General Trias (Philippines)

I worked at Hormel as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: coz its big company and big opportunity to work there Cons: the down side is having -4 degree inside the production… Advice to Senior Management: change the agency who hold the employment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hormel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hormel CEO Jeffrey M. Ettinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hormel employees.