Hormel

www.hormelfoods.com

One of the better food companies to work for .....

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsBetter pay than Seaboard, Smith-field, Farmland, Swift (JBS), or Tyson.
Much less stress than average packing house jobs ...

ConsUnless you have a frat brother, uncle, or god-parent as a VP, or are a minority, you will find promotions VERY slow ...and unless you really understand being on your feet 8 to 10 hours a day working in cold cold environments six to seven days a week ..you might be in for a shock ..

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the patronage out of the internal job bid system, and make it a level playing field, stop hiding choice jobs for favorite employees.
Quit trying to bring in young college kids who are completely over whelmed by working 10 plus hours days 6 and 7 days a week, and poach more employees from other companies.

good

Packaging Crew (Former Employee) General Trias (Philippines)

I worked at Hormel as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: coz its big company and big opportunity to work there Cons: the down side is having -4 degree inside the production… Advice to Senior Management: change the agency who hold the employment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hormel

Genera Worker (Current Employee) Austin, MN (US)

I have been working at Hormel full-time for less than a year

Pros: Job security, pretty good benefits Cons: Hard to move up if one starts in the union Advice to Senior Management: Fire your bad employees so you have room for good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!