There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Great co workers. Upper management unwilling to change to better company

Current Employee - DSM
Current Employee - DSM

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Dedicated sales force, good products, vacation and benefits are good. 401k plan. National brands makes it easier to sell displays

Cons

Aging fleet trucks, ordering system is outdated, rail system is ancient need to go to baskets. Unwillingness to spend money

reviews filtered by

Ruined my self confidence and wasted valuable years.

Current Employee - Retail Outlet Clerk
    Current Employee - Retail Outlet Clerk

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Provides union wages and protection.

Cons

No work life balance. Physically demanding and dirty. Poor equipment and impossible customer service requirements considering they cater to government assistance clientele.

Advice to Management

Look at the over all picture instead of your departments numbers. Seriously listen to employee input and stand up to your own bosses. Invest in modern equipment and start thinking forward in a realistic way i.e., listen to the people in the trenches; meaning on the line, your rsr, clerks, etc. Too much paperwork and not enought time or reason.

if they can make you feel unskilled and uneducated they will.

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

The route sales and the sales force in the thrift stores are some of the greatest people to work with and 95% of them are really hard workers.

Cons

The suits in charge would like for you to think you don"t deserve to have a job. They also want you to think the reason the company is going broke is because some employee stole a paperclip.

Advice to Management

If you are not up to the job, get someone who is. You may need to cut some of the huge paychecks and put in back into the company or better still use it to get yourself a research and developement dept. Oh you already have one?' could have fooled me.