Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com
  www.hostessbrands.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS (US)
Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I might just shoot myself.But I wouldn't give them the sadisfaction!

Cons

management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont deserve.Working splite days off, odd hours even working the alot of the holidays and always working the weekends unless you are part of the good ol'boy system that management has created.Never being able to go to speical events,take part in school fuctions with your kids because you either have to go to work or get up so early,and friends for get doing anything with them because they have normal jobs. Not one that makes there life so messed up beause every week your days are split and your days off change unless your are part of the good OL'boy club and its only because management can do it and laugh about it for the most part.

you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time there find out what they actually do over time then save some money by cutting there payroll and stop cutting jobs or combineing jobs for us the ones that make them look good but keep gettting screwed.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

Hostess Brands could be compared to the Titanic after it struck the icberg.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Salary and benefits are better than most comparable positions with other companies.

Cons

The company has hired so many people from the outside for upper management that we are top heavy. The new people do not understand the business and they have made one bad decision after another. They have held meetings asking the employees what needs to be done to turn the company around and they end up doing the opposite. In an effort to justify the cost of hiring more upper management they have been laying off the people on the front lines doing all the work which squeezes middle management to pick up the slack. They have eliminated positions without thinking of who was to do the work so the few of us who once cared, had to scramble to cover the workload even though it wasn't related to our job. The company is so inefficient now, It takes weeks to get things done that used to be done in just a few minutes. Now they are going to close most of the offices and outsource the work overseas. The morale is very low with most expecting impending doom for the company.

The company needs to eliminate the current inefficient structure and go back to the same structure it had when it made money. The routes will have to be sold.

Hard to get ahead and be successful with such an outdated infrastructure, Unions have got to go.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Anyone willing to put in the time and take pride in the job they do can earn quite a good living as well as have a decent benefits package.

Cons

As with most companies every level of employment here has some downside, Route Sales have to deal with aging equipment poor weather on occasion and a fair share of misinformation. DSM's have to weather through a seriously oversized work load and do not have the time to give all the employees the attention required to build and maintain a happy high producing team, also the good employees suffer because a good deal of time is spent dealing with dead weight RSR's that are protected by a union, sadly any credibility we may have as DSM's is lost due to the poor information we're supplied with regarding upcoming promotions, new item launches and ever changing company policies all of which we end up passing to our sales force, when any of these things fall through it's a direct reflection on us as management. As for any position above a DSM I cannot speak to as I have not been in their shoes, I will say that due to the highly reactionary nature of the Senior management at this company I'm sure most positions above mine have similar issues.

Sales training for RSR's and lower level management would be a great start, Upper management may want to take some time to work out on the sales routes for more then one day to get a true feel for the business they oversee, this company could also use more front line employees where the most impact would be made, other than that everyone at this company knows its flaws, its just a matter of getting people up top willing to make some waves.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands