Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Dictatorial, disrespectful, archaic, good ol'boy managment drove hourlies to the union instead of drawing them away.

Production Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsTo work to improve the culture and make a difference in the management team.

ConsAny improvement attempted is fought at all levels and departments to keep the status quo for fear of raising the bar and possibly the performance expectations.
Extremely low integrity among management. Very low accountability for those not performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop expecting the same people who put the company in the position it's in to do any different than they've done since years before the last bankruptcy.
Stop trying to turn the company around with the same people who drove it into the ditch in the first place. It wasn't the union. It was supervision all the way through EVPs that did this.

Wonder Bread

Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) Hodgkins, IL (US)

I worked at Hostess Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good wages and benefits. Lots of overtime available. Cons: No opportunity for any advancement or promotion Advice to Senior Management: Show more appreciation to your employers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good job until the bottom feel out

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Warwick, RI (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros: You worked hard, but went home satisfied every day Cons: Unions killed the company for good Advice to Senior Management: If you reopen, do not negotiate with the unions. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!