Huxley Associates

Work Hard Play Hard

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England
Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

Hours are good, you earn your money on commission, if you work hard you get massive rewards, such as holidays abroad, rolex watches, lunch at posh restaurants etc. Can (and it has been done) make £100,000 in your first year. Very entrepreneurial company to work for.

Cons

Performance related environment, the commission side of it has a flip side that leads to a very stressful job, your performance is constantly being reviewed.

Try to improve retention of the junior consultants, but a lot of this loss is in the end probably the best for both parties. Keep doing what you are doing

41 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Money earning potential is no joke!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The money potential is no joke! Of course not everyone is seeing the huge pay checks but if you put in the time and give it your all you will see them at some point. The learning curve is different for everyone; I've seen people go from struggling to do a single deal to being a top biller less than a year later. If you are resilient, open to learning new things, and somewhat optimistic you will be in a good spot! Also it seems like the most successful people have a good mix of intelligence and sales capabilities. I never thought I'd be making the money I am this early jn my career, and I can truly see a career here!
    Also, this recruitment agency is a good size (not too big not too small) which allows a solid client base along with your own personal growth.
    Good perks too, especially if you enjoy having a drink (or a few)

Cons

- not flexible with work hours (the structure I believe is overall a good thing, but it is not ok to show up even a minute after 8 so that can be unfortunate)
    - somewhat harsh culture (don't join if easily offended)
    - strategy can come across as unorganized at times

If you follow through with the plans you are working on for the future, than I am very excited!

what you put in, is what you get. Good money, but not easy.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get great rewards for being successful. Trips abroad, good commission scheme and career opportunities. There is a good atmosphere and it can be a fun place to work. Recognition form management if you perform.

Cons

Too much emphasis on short term output. Harsh culture when not performing. It is not you that chooses what market you will be working on, so you could end up working on a slow market.

Try to keep a long term focus and make it less about telesales

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates