Huxley Associates

www.huxley.com
  www.huxley.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Huxley - great for strong and motivated sales people

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

They offer strong and talented sales people or junior sales people a great career opportunity. This is a job for people who genuinely want to do a sales job and who are driven by success and reward. No the right job if you just want to be average. The company is growing and opening new offices and will have tons of opportunities for strong candidates. Have several examples around me of people who have had great success and continue to have great career opportunities. Love the chance to potentially work in other cities or countries. Great role models around me as well including a few of the best producers globally in the firm. They are all very approachable and really nice and helpful.

Cons

Not the right environment for people who just want to have a 9-5 job and think they can still make a lot of money. You get somewhere if you work hard and show that you can produce. It's a meritocratic environment and people who are really good get fast-tracked. Not the easiest job in the world, but if that was the case then it wouldn't pay you nearly as well either.

Keep growing the business. I love the opportunity and I am looking forward to keep growing in this business. The more we grow the better the opportunities for me :-)

41 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Learn the business and skip out

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

I've been working here for a little under a year and would have to say that they have fantastic drinking outings every now and then. aside from that, they have a training program that helps people learn some basics about recruiting.

Cons

Recently they had us write something positive about the company.. I don't think it's right to pressure people in order to make them change an opinion so here is mine...true and honest - no sales involved.

The company has us doing very mundane tasks when we first start and then immediately set these targets that consist of spamming out emails to clients. We are also asked to hit numbers and they say they will lead to results. If we hit the numbers and we don't get the outcome, they blame o. Our lack of desire to do the tasks.

The problem with Huxley is that there is always an excuse they create and that excuse never involves putting them at fault.

There are people that swear throughout the office and you are constantly being called out on stuff like a child in front of an entire group of people. There is no personal space AT ALL. you do sit elbow to elbow and there are very loud people who walk and talk in your ear as you're on a phone.

The director has his bonus based on retention and he's not very successful at the moment because people come in, get the job, and then realize what a nightmare the place. This place is truly a revolving door. I know at least a handful of people interviewing or looking to leave and this company better get out of town.

There is hardly room for advancement - always a ceiling since they bring overseas workers to sit in as management. The managers are constantly demeaning and disrespecting their team members.

Signing out because this place needs some restructuring!

It’s like a convey belt – people are always in and out the door!

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

Because they try to give a great sell on all how you can earn all this money. That you can go on some amazing trips all paid for. Organic growth.

Cons

It is expected of you that you work till 8pm and come in on the weekend and if you don’t you get fround apon, because you actually have a life outside of work.

They say they have organic growth but all the managers get brought in from overseas leaving no opportunity to grow into a leader in the office.

If you are eating after 9.01am or 2.01pm forget it, that is not allowed. If you are 1 minute late forget having lunch for the next few days as you will be manning the phones for everyone in the office. Going to the bathroom between 9-6pm is also scary.

If you would like to be verbally abused and cursed at for anything bad you have done, you would love this place.
    If you are not offended by being called the F and C word everyday for no reasons at all, this is a great opportunity for you.

Retention……?