Hyatt

www.hyatt.com

A great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsHyatt's focus & care about it's people is authentic. They have decent benefits, of which complimentary nights are the most fantastic benefit. At every property I've worked at it's apparent that employee engagement is truly a focus.

ConsHyatt consistently pays below other hotel chains (although they love to tell their employees otherwise). Additionally, the complimentary room night benefit has become so restricted domestically planning vacations is almost impossible now. Career opportunities can be limited depending on the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider revising the employee room benefit plan. Pricing tiers for certain properties don't make sense and frankly revenue managers should be responsible for closing, not opening, the comp benefits. It's just one more task that there's not time for and is being frequently overlooked. Shop a couple of your properties & you'll see that.

Newer management techniques were very encouraging and the company had great ideas for continual improvement.

Meeting Concierge (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Hyatt full-time for less than a year

Pros: The training and experience was impressive! Cons: The union makes it hard to deal with disgruntled, lazy… Advice to Senior Management: To the managers who were with the company for a long time... keep an open mind to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good work environment

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Hyatt part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: they care about people they empower their employees Cons: hard to move up from a line employee to management Advice to Senior Management: Help the people who want to learn and grow reach… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hyatt.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!