IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

satisfied

I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros

time flexible and working culture

Cons

No growth in the company for smaller tenure

Need to be employee oriented and and focus to understand the employee's grevience

12142 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Good Company For Starters but many of the rules

Current Employee - Operations Professional in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Operations Professional in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For Women employees the best company to work

Cons

Its Rules, Assessments and policies

Cumbersome behemoth, lumbered down with red tape

Former Employee - Information Developer
    Former Employee - Information Developer

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment, plenty of educational opportunities. Ability to transfer after two years. Globally recognised. Good social club, good holiday entitlement, good work/life balance.

Cons

Where do I start? As a writer, I had shoddy equipment, was subject to endless red tape and having to get access to a succession of restricted areas to do my job.

I was stuck in a team that regarded promotion as just not feasible - my manager actually laughed at a colleague of mine who asked her how she would go about getting a promotion. Our team passed information down the line only when absolutely necessary; very frustrating.

Oh, and then there's that atrocious IBM software - Lotus Notes and Symphony - which we had to use. Nobody in their right minds would choose them over the MS alternatives.

Finally, there's the PBC system, on which salary increases and, indeed, one's job ultimately depend. Managers are forced to choose a certain number of employees as under-performing, regardless of whether they're actually doing their job properly. This selection is on a competitive basis, but employees are not allowed access to information on how the decisions are made.

Drop the PBC system, which causes stress and resentment. Drop Lotus Notes and Symphony if you're not going to improve them - they're an industry joke. Have a more transparent system for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM