There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Inter

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX (US)
Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Tech giant with massive resources and really talented people. You work on products that are touched by millions in mission critical areas. For such a big company, it feels very nimble. You can easily reach any employee worldwide through Sametime. It feels like a tight-knit environment, even thought you are 1 or hundreds of thousands. Every manager I have dealt with is awesome. Uber professionalism throughout.

Cons

It is a big company. It takes weeks to do some things that would be done in hours in a startup. I wish product development was more streamlined. That similar products were merged or shut down. And that products would not be saddled with every single possible feature.

Advice to Management

Every single manager I have dealt with is awesome. So keep picking good people.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have worked with one of the best company ever.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

UNITED AIRLINES , VOICE PROCESS INBOUND . DOMESTIC FLIGHT RESERVATION UNDERTAKING OVER THE PHONE.

Cons

Its a big problem with any B.P.0s most people smoke too much it was a wrong thing at IBM but no one ask you in IBM to do that but it should be ban at or around the office area.

Advice to Management

NO COMMENTS YOU ARE THE BEST ,,,,,,,,,,,,,except little problem in transport department.

A well managed high tech giant

Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You get to work with some of the most talented people in the world. Highly diverse workforce. Great benefits. Unique and very professional culture.

Cons

High stress at times. Many times cuts are made in personnel with remaining personnel expected to pick up the workload. Work/Life balance is stressed, but difficult or impossible to achieve.

Advice to Management

Invest more in training. Even though IBM is a top tier company, it needs to become the far and above the top tier company it once was.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM