IBM

www.ibm.com

11973 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer Intern

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

Pay was really high compared to what I'm supposed to get for being so junior. Nice office, really cool building, and really great people. A flexible schedule, yoga lessons, and gym. The company is really large and you feel like you belong.

Cons

No catered food and other things you can expect from a place like Google I guess. Also lots of bureaucratic tape I find. I didn't really get affected by that too much but I know my co-workers did.

Less tape. More food.

Other reviews for IBM

IBM is an incredible place to work with unique global collaboration.

Former Employee - Communications Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY (US)

Pros

There are many reasons to work at IBM. Here are but a few: the opportunities for advancement, global collaboration, and fast-paced business environment. The people are fantastic - intelligent, committed, and innovative. The compensation and benefits are unparalleled, and IBM is a great place for women to work. There is alot of work-life balance which is invaluable to working parents. Although many people don't realize it, IBM offers employment opportunities for employees with a wide range of educational backgrounds besides technical... such as medical, scientific, quantitative, legal, financial, and communications.

Cons

So much work is being moved out of the United States, so there is alot of pressure on U.S. managers and employees. There is constant reorganization, so your job is routinely changed and work consolidated to the near breaking point.

Take a more truly global look at your workforce. Understand the value, commitment and dedication U.S. workers bring to the table, and hire within the U.S. again. I think it is extremely short-sighted to move so many aspects of the business to much less politically and economically stable world regions. Also, provide equal pay to men and women with the same jobs!

Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

Pros

Fair balance between employee and company orientation

Cons

Sometimes slow to make decisions

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!