There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Good experience in terms of technical exposure and opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IBM Software labs has a bunch of very intelligent folks. I learnt a lot via interactions with these folks.
The software development group was extremely dynamic and offered opportunities for me to grow

Cons

HR Processes need streamlining. Its very difficult to figure things out in IBM with respect to your personal information, like Retirals and clarifications of doubts wrt financial aspects are a pain to ask. I am especially talking about India Software labs.

You need to make the internal systems for employees more robust and allocate more infrastructure for them to understand and manager their own data.

11597 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Started out great.. then went off a cliff

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer and Architect  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer and Architect in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at IBM for more than 8 years

Pros

When I first started working at IBM I worked with amazingly smart people who mentored and helped me grow professionally and academically. I was allowed a flexible schedule to be able to continue going to school and finish my MSEE and start on my PhD.

However, IBM began to pigeon hole me and would not allow me to do new work and I was stuck on a project that I wasn't able to get out of or attempt to correct some problems since it could slow down the rate at which new features were being added.

Cons

-Messing with benefits constantly
    -Salaries are low
    -Raises are non-existent
    -Ability to move jobs within IBM is meager at best despite what they tell you

Be honest and trust your employees, no one trusts you because you've had a history of very bad decisions that are seemingly at odds with IBM's supposed values and traits.

Very good company to work for. If you have an opportunity go for it!

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent training, good pay, brightest inovative people.
    Good work life balance support. You get greater opportunity to advanced when you do a
    good job. Company constantly changing, never a dull momentbut balanced.

Cons

Sometimes very long hours, shifting more to outsourcing.

Continue to make sure all employees know that they are valued, and not just in pay.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!