There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM is a solid company with room to grow, improve, and innovate

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Charlotte, NC (US)
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is room to grow at the comapny.

Cons

There aren't that many cons to working at IBM.

11975 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Too bad, Too much dead wood at the top, Leaders are not innovators, they just play politics and to the numbers.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some sincere people left. Good R&D.

Cons

Marketing community has excessive amounts of politics and unnecessary layers management, Marketing Managers demonstrate poor leadership skills by lording it over staff rather than encouraging collaboration. Over emphasis on hierarchy and lack of innovation from the so called "leaders" is creating a drag on the culture in what would otherwise could be a more collaborative and productive company.

Sack the Marketing Managers that aren't getting their hands dirty and developing briefs and effective strategies. Why? because leaders in small to mid tier firms competitors are capturing market share because THEIR leaders ARE PRODUCT INNOVATORS, as are their Marketers! That's why you're losing market share.

I was very underpaid and treated like a child

Former Employee - Applications Programming Specialist in East Lansing, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Applications Programming Specialist in East Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management doesn't track you unless you talk to them. You're left to do your job to the best of your ability without interference from those above you.

Cons

Management doesn't help you with problems at all. Even when approaching my manager, I was told they couldn't and wouldn't help me with medical problems I was having interfering with my work.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM