There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great place to gain experience, but always had to "look over my shoulder"

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at IBM

Pros

- IBMers are some of the best people to work with in terms of skill and dedication. I have learned a lot from my colleagues there.
- Excellent benefits including a pension (I am not sure if this is still available for new hires).

Cons

- Frequent Resource Actions (RIF)
- Always felt pressured to look for a new job within IBM even though my first line manager was a Professional Development Manager or a Resource Manager. Why not help me find a job?

- The resource actions that have been taken have affected the morale of your employees. I was RA'd in 2009, but I found a new job quickly and have not looked back. Remember these former employees will become employees of companies that will influence the purchase of your products or services --- or they may not.

11702 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Work Life Integration?

Current Employee - Client Representative
    Current Employee - Client Representative

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM is the world's most innovative company and continue to invest heavily in research and development.

Cons

Work never ends. Significant turnover makes it very difficult to develop relationships and coordinate with extended virtual team.

Need to start investing in ways to establish a sense of community and personal responsibility that has been lost over the past couple years.

Great to gain experience, but hard to go up the rank ladder

Current Employee - IT Specialist  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Great benefits, wide range of work opportunities, vast communication throught the GBS Public Sector

Cons

IBM Internal Best Practices not up to par; meaning you're nothing but an employee ID.

Honesty is the best policy

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!