12051 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

IBM - Managing Consultant

Former Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at IBM

Pros

Lots of opportunities to work on a number of different projects. I also worked with some great people.

Cons

I spoke to my manager (the one who was responsible for my career advancement) very little. It was very difficult to touch base with him to let him know what I was working on.

Talk to you employees.

Other Reviews for IBM

IBM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southbury, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT (US)

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Flexible word schedules and good pay. Opportunity to work with different cultures and people. Always new challenges on the horizon

Cons

High stress. Constant outsourcing. Some limitations as to movement within company. Otherwise a great place to be if you are willing to put in the work

More team building exercises. More encouragement to get workers to find problems/projects to take on in the off times of the month

Good opportunities....No reward for your work

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Good benefits, decent amount of time off, opportunities to work on latest and greatest technologies, great people to work with, diverse, high profile clients, very visible projects

Cons

Too many hours, too much travel, no sense of stability, rarely if ever see your management, feel more like another number than a person, treated like a body than a person sometimes, given old/slow laptop as your main tool when managers get the best for their power point slides and spread sheets.

when people are away from their families all the time, working long hours and performing above and beyond expectations, it might be nice to reward them for the effort....and I don't mean buying donuts for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!