IFDS

www.ifdsgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for IFDS

Market leader providing significant stretch and new challenges

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basildon, South East England, England
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basildon, South East England, England

I have been working at IFDS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Highly respected and forward thinking business, winning the lions share of its core market through thought leadership and innovation. Provides high quality customer service and IT solutions. This in turn provides excellent career opportunities, internal mobility is encouraged and greater international opportunities through more globalisation,. The next phase of growth is very exciting with major investment in two new market lines starting the bear fruit.

Cons

They work you hard! An outsourcing company works on tight margins and as such carries little fat. We all work with 100% effort and probably at 110% capacity all the time! If you want to coast or struggle to deliver to tight and pressured deadlines we are probably not the place for you.

Empower more and delegate decision making. You have some major talent coming through through the ranks, use it!

41 Other Employee Reviews for IFDS (View Most Recent)

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IFDS

Pros

Changing to industry standard processed

Cons

Lots of work to be done.

Misleading job descriptions.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pro's as the advertised job never existed and I feel tricked into doing another job that nobody else wanted so have always wanted to leave.

Cons

The job description used for advertising and interviewing does not match in any way the job they actually want me to do. The job is one somebody of my skillset can do but often chooses not to so I would not have joined had I known the truth. I was told to do it or leave - but I gave up another job to do this so must stay until I find another. They recently fired someone who was recruited this same way and who didn't comply and at least five other managers have been fired in the last few months. Turnover in management is extremely high. There are a lot of people doing jobs that they didn't join the company for, nor that they want to or qualified to do but have been told they must and this is creating a very bad work environment. Processes are so bad that some employees are expected to work well outside ESA.

Update your technology and you will find there are lots of skilled people available. Rather than making people do what they don't want to do is a sure fire way to failure. Why not update the technology and stop treating employee's like you own them.

There are newer employer reviews for IFDS