IKEA

www.ikea.com

Just another big box retailer that puts hourly co-workers first; your screwed if you are a manager.

Logistics (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsBenefits, PTO, employee discount, don't have to buy work clothes. If there is good store management the place can be fun to work at. If not, it is a living nightmare.

ConsSteering group and corporate office that has no clue as to what goes on in the store. They manage from a desk and will always be in meetings. They create work groups just to be in more meetings and avoid the co-workers and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sitting at your desk or in meetings and see what is going on in the store.

Very European style in their excellent treatment of employees

Customer Service Living Rooms (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at IKEA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Oustanding health, dental, and vision benefits for part-timers. Great discounts on meals and merchandise. Flexible with requests for time off. Super clean and positive work enviornment. Free… Cons: Very team oriented -- great if you love to "sing" the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work if balance life is important for you

Sales (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN (US)

I have been working at IKEA part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible work schedule, a lot of training Cons: low pay, short staffed, difficult to grow within the company More

There are newer reviews on IKEA.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!