There are newer employer reviews for IQPC

Good place for young graduates; worst place for experienced job seekers

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Sydney (Australia)
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at IQPC

Pros

-outstanding sales training
-engagement opp with executive level customers
-fun environment with young culture
-easy to enter
-convenient work location

Cons

-treated as an object
-high turnover rate
-allow very little room for mistakes
- extremely micro managed
-sack you anytime
-frequent change of line manager

if you invest in your people, keep them and allow them to grow instead of sacking them after probation period

110 Other Employee Reviews for IQPC (View Most Recent)

Nerver so glad to leave a job

Current Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at IQPC

Pros

The base pay was ok and the benefits where adequate. Most of the people you worked with where pleasant. The Sales training was good. I am hard pressed to think of anything else positive to say. It’s a very silly place to work.

Cons

The 1st red flag I saw was trying to find an employee who had worked there for over a year. I found that only a small percentage last over a year at IQPC. In fact, if you last a year you are given a fruit basket. I have never seen a company celebrate the fact that you where able to keep your job for a year. Working at IQPC is like playing survivor. If you’re lucky enough to be put on a good event you will survive, if not your will be discarded like a used candy wrapper.

The 2nd red flag I came across was that you had to generate your own sales leads. A fact they do not tell you during your interview. Generating your own leads for cold calling took at least 8 to 10 hours of my weekend. Time away from my family that I became very resentful of.

The 3rd red flag: You are micro managed. Your phone has a timer on it. You are constantly being monitored to make sure you are working on mostly inane conferences. Management likes to run up and down the corridor yelling "who's exited!" While you’re on the phone.

The 4th red flag: The bar/quota is set so high that its almost impossible to hit or maintain.

You realize very quickly that only 1% of the people they hire are going to last over a year and that it’s mostly luck to get put on good projects. The others will get put on awful projects and will be blamed for their failure.

It’s a silly place to work.

Random drug testing for managers.

Great Entry Level Opportunity

Former Employee - Delegate Sales  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Delegate Sales in New York, NY (US)

I worked at IQPC

Pros

Money, Money and Money. Hard work pays off here... If you are smart and hard working you can do very well. The base salary sucks but if you are willing to bust your ass for the first year you will be put on better and better events. High turnover means better opportunity for you and advancement. A true meritocracy!

Cons

High turnover (works both ways). Base salary sucks.... You always feel like your head is on the chopping block on every event

They know what they are doing, and it works for them quite honestly.... Recognize real talent earlier and reward it...

There are newer employer reviews for IQPC

Worked for IQPC? Contribute to the Community!