There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Horrible Sector Leadership

Current Employee - Finance in Davidson, NC (US)
Current Employee - Finance in Davidson, NC (US)

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people in the field. Field associates really care about the customer and doing what is right. There are still a few Trane people left that know what they are doing and care.

Cons

Senior sector leadership is completely out of touch with reality and frankly over their heads. Their idea of long range planning is next quarter. The sector is totally reactive and changes direction continuously. If we had a bad month (relative to a stretch forecast) then we start laying people off. You will never hear the work customer mentioned at that level.

Advice to Management

Think longer term than next month or next quarter. Constant reorganizations and reductions in force are counter-productive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company with Good Work Ethics

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

IR is a great company having very ethical business approach. CEO, Senior leadership & Sector leadership is really competent. Excellent talent development infrastructure & programs. Handsome salaries and other benefits.

Cons

Weak & unsupportive regional leadership. Communication gap exists between regional leadership and low, medium grade employees. You need a godfather to grow as too much favorism exists. Slow & indecisive decision making. Confused between Indian & western business polices.

Advice to Management

Favorism must be eradicated from the company. Need to shuffle some regional leaders.

2. It was a great learning experience

I worked at Ingersoll Rand

Pros

The work environment was amazing. Great people to work for!

Cons

Sitting down most of the day getting back to back phone calls.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll Rand