A satisfying and rewarding internship experience (Trane Commercial)

Former Employee - Logistics Intern  in  La Crosse, WI (US)
Former Employee - Logistics Intern in La Crosse, WI (US)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

As an intern I received both credits at UW-La Crosse and monetary compensation for doing my job. The management group worked with me and used my experience in the skill set I already had, along with helping me in my databases class, which I was currently enrolled in. The company was very flexible about allowing time off for this position.

Cons

The lack of benefits for interns is understandable, but it would be nice if their child care compensation program was open to interns instead of just full-time workers. In my one year of internship, my department changed its name three times - I understand that going through a transition because a company bought you out may require shifts in structure. However, that was a little excessive, and confusing for transporters that we communicated with.

Update your legacy software to a current version. It's going to hurt due to all of the patches we've put on this version, but it will be less buggy for everyone involved in the long run.

Other Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

It' a *Job*

Current Employee - Manager  in  Davidson, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Davidson, NC (US)

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

Steady work
    Can work remotely at times
    Benefits are at a common industry level
    There are some intelligent individuals to work with
    Company “attempts” to balance work and home life

Cons

Sub industry pay (more than 20% less)
    Most departments work in “silos” (very common description there)
    Very very little support between departments so you almost always have to do their work
    Now you do your job and parts of someone else’s job
    Many individuals have no pride in their work or are incompetent
    Many managers are less capable than their employees
    Revolving door for mid to upper management so there is no consistency
    Facilities look ok on the outside but are very poorly maintained on the inside

You get paid +You get benefits = You are on your own!

There are so many things wrong that only a major effort will keep talent there. You will be left with subpar employees and a terrible product line. You are almost there now.

It went from okay, to unbearable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roanoke, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

They offered plenty of training seminars, powerpoint presentations, and opportuntities to learn about subjects important to the company. The coworkers were really great as well.

Cons

Many employees are underpaid. Lack of meaningful communication from managers. Lack of support from management for allowing workers to "grow and perform".

Trane has lots of idealistic talk about how people should act towards each other and towards their work. However, it is not practiced. "Grow and serve" is mostly a joke when employees aren't given incentive.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand.

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!