Ingersoll-Rand

company.ingersollrand.com

A satisfying and rewarding internship experience (Trane Commercial)

Logistics Intern (Former Employee) La Crosse, WI (US)

ProsAs an intern I received both credits at UW-La Crosse and monetary compensation for doing my job. The management group worked with me and used my experience in the skill set I already had, along with helping me in my databases class, which I was currently enrolled in. The company was very flexible about allowing time off for this position.

ConsThe lack of benefits for interns is understandable, but it would be nice if their child care compensation program was open to interns instead of just full-time workers. In my one year of internship, my department changed its name three times - I understand that going through a transition because a company bought you out may require shifts in structure. However, that was a little excessive, and confusing for transporters that we communicated with.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your legacy software to a current version. It's going to hurt due to all of the patches we've put on this version, but it will be less buggy for everyone involved in the long run.

It went from okay, to unbearable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA (US)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros: They offered plenty of training seminars, powerpoint presentations, and opportuntities to learn about… Cons: Many employees are underpaid. Lack of meaningful communication from managers. … Advice to Senior Management: Trane has lots of idealistic talk about how people should act towards each other and towards their work.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

IR Overall

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros: People, Work / Life Balance, the learning opportunities that are… Cons: Internal movement can be difficult, internal pay increases are less than… Advice to Senior Management: Put more focus into developing employees and advance their careers. … More
There are newer reviews on Ingersoll-Rand.

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!