There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Rearranging deck chairs on the Queen Mary

Current Employee - Product Management in Tempe, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Product Management in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Insight has good benefits compared to many other Arizona based employers -- you can also come and go as you please.

Cons

Sales management does nothing to train and force the sales rep to actually sell--they are just order takers.

Develop a world class Sales team by actually teaching sales skills and getting rid of those who just take orders. Put Product Management back to where it was --a very profitable department --and stop wasting time trying to get the large manufactures...IBM, HP, ect. more business...it won't happen unless customers call and ask for it. The old regime actually knew what they were doing...this new regime simply is rearranging deck chairs on the Queen Mary (it doesn't matter what this round of executives do, Insight is not going anywhere). I am recommending Insight to friends simply because as long as you keep your mouth shut and stay mediocre -- you may have a
well paying job for life.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Please don't do it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

I can't think of one right now.

Cons

I've seen the reviews that you can come and go as you please, which is true for sales reps, but as for the rest of us it is sometimes an option but believe me, it comes with a huge price! It’s also not something you can do as you please or by any regular schedule. It’s given as perks sometimes for a questionable job well done, but please read on. The only way up is out! There is absolutely no training offered on career advancement or common ethical business practices. Pay cuts are not unusual and employees are under so much stress that leaves for stress related illness is a regular occurrence. It’s a rare occasion that I see a smile on the face of a corporate employee, they walk through the halls barely speaking to each other given the stressful environment; it's by far the grayest place I've ever worked!

Disastrous financial practices that need to be creatively shown to clients and the pressure is on employees to continue on with the same disastrous financial practices that got this company into hot water when they had to restate earnings not that long ago. If employees don't go along with Insight's sketchy approach to working with client funds they are threatened and harassed. Their method of creating invoices to increase stock prices up is deplorable! Insight has been trying to get on the Best Companies to Work For list and it makes me greatly concerned for anybody that would consider putting the required time and energy and huge risk of changing employment, relocation, etc., to become employed with this company!

The benefits might as well not be any at all! If you pay for the 'all the bells and whistles plan' that costs a bunch to be a part of, you'll soon come to find yourself with large suprising bills for things that most insurance plans cover. They're pushing to get everyone on the high deductible plan, but that offers in essence just coverage for huge problemsome medical issues. It's not a good plan for those who would like their familes to get regular wellness checks or basic illness treatment such as those for sinus infections, allergies, asthma, or even hurt limbs, etc.

In this job market, we cannot afford to not to be extremely careful with where we invest our time and our energy! Please, do yourself quite possibly the greatest favor of your life and seek employment with a company that cares about its employees and where your good energy and longevity will be rewarded not wasted!

Take pride in Insight to make it an organization well worth changing jobs for!

Starting Job

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn Lots and good environment

Cons

Overworked with Little Pay and hard to move up

Give people more routes for advancement, and when someone deserves a raise.. Give it to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight