Insight will never prosper until it uses facts and data versus good old boy network to select and retain management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Good exposure to broad portfolio of manufacturers.

Cons

Workload is too much for most support staff. Management focus is typically determined by which manufacturer they had drinks with or a comment the CEO heard in passing. Leaders are selected based on who they are friends with - no skills required with the exception of yes men and cheerleaders.

You talk about accountability but it"s ok to miss commitments if you are part of the "in crowd".
Hire and fire based on skills and hold everyone accountable.

Other Reviews for Insight

Rearranging deck chairs on the Queen Mary

Current Employee - Product Management  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Product Management in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insight has good benefits compared to many other Arizona based employers -- you can also come and go as you please.

Cons

Sales management does nothing to train and force the sales rep to actually sell--they are just order takers.

Develop a world class Sales team by actually teaching sales skills and getting rid of those who just take orders. Put Product Management back to where it was --a very profitable department --and stop wasting time trying to get the large manufactures...IBM, HP, ect. more business...it won't happen unless customers call and ask for it. The old regime actually knew what they were doing...this new regime simply is rearranging deck chairs on the Queen Mary (it doesn't matter what this round of executives do, Insight is not going anywhere). I am recommending Insight to friends simply because as long as you keep your mouth shut and stay mediocre -- you may have a
    well paying job for life.

No advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other than the free stuff they give away there isn't much to like about this company.

Cons

- I am severely overqualified for my position but cannot advance to a new position because I am not Mormon or an attractive female.
    - You will have to work with people who are barely capable of chewing their own food let alone being in an advanced position that requires some actual thought and planning to do.
    - They constantly push us to sell services and labs but the team that runs that and does the pricing for us is a bunch of inept idiots. They transferred someone from their labs in Chicago to help the reps but she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and should be working as a janitor before being in the role she is in.
    - The "trainings" they make you go to several times per week are redundant and run by people who have no idea what we are supposed to sell.
    - They make us push special products and services daily and require us to call our clients to try and push these things when it makes no sense for us to contact them.

Management needs to reassess their jobs and realize that they should clean house and get rid of the people who are in the wrong positions. They need to get rid of all the people addicted to drugs and randomly drug test people because they are putting other employee's jobs in danger. Management needs to hire people who are qualified for the positions they have rather than putting anyone with a pulse, nice rack, or cute face in a position they are incapable of handling.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!