Insight

www.insight.com

Insight will never prosper until it uses facts and data versus good old boy network to select and retain management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

Good exposure to broad portfolio of manufacturers.

Cons

Workload is too much for most support staff. Management focus is typically determined by which manufacturer they had drinks with or a comment the CEO heard in passing. Leaders are selected based on who they are friends with - no skills required with the exception of yes men and cheerleaders.

You talk about accountability but it"s ok to miss commitments if you are part of the "in crowd".
Hire and fire based on skills and hold everyone accountable.

Other reviews for Insight

No advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

Other than the free stuff they give away there isn't much to like about this company.

Cons

- I am severely overqualified for my position but cannot advance to a new position because I am not Mormon or an attractive female.
    - You will have to work with people who are barely capable of chewing their own food let alone being in an advanced position that requires some actual thought and planning to do.
    - They constantly push us to sell services and labs but the team that runs that and does the pricing for us is a bunch of inept idiots. They transferred someone from their labs in Chicago to help the reps but she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and should be working as a janitor before being in the role she is in.
    - The "trainings" they make you go to several times per week are redundant and run by people who have no idea what we are supposed to sell.
    - They make us push special products and services daily and require us to call our clients to try and push these things when it makes no sense for us to contact them.

Management needs to reassess their jobs and realize that they should clean house and get rid of the people who are in the wrong positions. They need to get rid of all the people addicted to drugs and randomly drug test people because they are putting other employee's jobs in danger. Management needs to hire people who are qualified for the positions they have rather than putting anyone with a pulse, nice rack, or cute face in a position they are incapable of handling.

Please don't do it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

I can't think of one right now.

Cons

I've seen the reviews that you can come and go as you please, which is true for sales reps, but as for the rest of us it is sometimes an option but believe me, it comes with a huge price! It’s also not something you can do as you please or by any regular schedule. It’s given as perks sometimes for a questionable job well done, but please read on. The only way up is out! There is absolutely no training offered on career advancement or common ethical business practices. Pay cuts are not unusual and employees are under so much stress that leaves for stress related illness is a regular occurrence. It’s a rare occasion that I see a smile on the face of a corporate employee, they walk through the halls barely speaking to each other given the stressful environment; it's by far the grayest place I've ever worked!

Disastrous financial practices that need to be creatively shown to clients and the pressure is on employees to continue on with the same disastrous financial practices that got this company into hot water when they had to restate earnings not that long ago. If employees don't go along with Insight's sketchy approach to working with client funds they are threatened and harassed. Their method of creating invoices to increase stock prices up is deplorable! Insight has been trying to get on the Best Companies to Work For list and it makes me greatly concerned for anybody that would consider putting the required time and energy and huge risk of changing employment, relocation, etc., to become employed with this company!

The benefits might as well not be any at all! If you pay for the 'all the bells and whistles plan' that costs a bunch to be a part of, you'll soon come to find yourself with large suprising bills for things that most insurance plans cover. They're pushing to get everyone on the high deductible plan, but that offers in essence just coverage for huge problemsome medical issues. It's not a good plan for those who would like their familes to get regular wellness checks or basic illness treatment such as those for sinus infections, allergies, asthma, or even hurt limbs, etc.

In this job market, we cannot afford to not to be extremely careful with where we invest our time and our energy! Please, do yourself quite possibly the greatest favor of your life and seek employment with a company that cares about its employees and where your good energy and longevity will be rewarded not wasted!

Take pride in Insight to make it an organization well worth changing jobs for!

There are newer employer reviews for Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!