Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
  www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

It's a job with great influence and responsibilities, takes a lot of work and patience, but makes me happy in the end.

Current Employee - Strategic Planner  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
Current Employee - Strategic Planner in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Intel can sometimes be a huge and slow company, but the amount of thought and vetting they put into their products, and the way their products teams interact, is commendable. Intel is very demanding, and very detailed, when it comes to getting out the right product, with the right features, and the best cost structure. Intel is probably more focused on cost now than at any time before, and that's a good thing in this current environment. You need to come prepared to defend any feature that you want to implement, and with product horizons that are sometimes 5 years out, that can be difficult. Still, this level of structure has produced some of the best products in the industry.

Cons

It's easy to get frustrated sometimes when you see people making poorly informed decisions, and half of my job is to educate and make sure that planners from other teams know at least as much as I do. The products I plan for often need features to be available in other products, and it can be very disheartening if those features get ZBB'ed due to cost reasons, when the ROI from my perspective is huge, and the other product planners don't feel the same way. I've seen great opportunities for innovation fritter away because the usefulness of these features was misunderstood. Even so, it's very rewarding when you can make a business case for a technology, and get it through the justification process.

In general, I think senior management gets the really difficult concepts, and they are prepared to make decisions that move the company forward with a good balance between risk and innovation. Right now, the market demands so much of Intel, and it's easy to miss expectations. This puts the onus on senior management to be very conservative, but getting too conservative is also a recipe for letting your competitors out-innovate you. I see senior management striking the right balance.

3807 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

component design engineer

Current Employee - Component Design Engineer  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Component Design Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Good reputation. Great place to wrok. Nice people

Cons

none that I can think of sorry.

great job!

Top Notch Tech

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Top notch technology. Many locations to work at.

Cons

work family balance. Overall compensation is below market,

focus on the engineers and Individual contributors track. Allow experienced engineers to stauy at current job longer instead of being punished if not promoted.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!