There are newer employer reviews for Internap Network Services

Internap is a good place to work for a small company of 450 employees.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Internap Network Services

Pros

Great PTO plan, paid parking, and good health benefits with Cigna. Groups are organized but some can have improved communications. Shome tools for looking are data are not good at all and need a major overhall and the company just keeps promising to give us better tools but never delivers claiming budget troubles, etc.

Cons

VP level mgmt does not talk openly to the rest of staff. People do not say hello in the hall hardly ever unless they already know you. Many seem either tired, bored or over worked so maybe that is why they never say hello. Seems the culture is to go on and be busy at your desk and not get to know anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop being away from the common workers or base employees and get to know them by having face to face interactions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Work and Life is what you make of it.

I have been working at Internap Network Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for about 6 years now. I have seen many people come and go. The funny thing is that so many of the persons that have left, have come back to Internap. I think that speaks volumes to the people that work here! I have been with several companies and this is the one that I call home. Benefits are very good and you are always learning new technologies.

Cons

So the thing about Cons, is what you make of them. Leadership direction: we are in a constant state of flux because we have to be in this industry. The leadership has pushed us from a simple IP company to add - colo - Managed Hosting - multiple Cloud products. For some this is hard task to grasp, if learning new technology is not for you then Internap is not for you. Work-life balance -- that is up to you...no one can manage your time for you.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Keep people involved in what the company direction is now and going forward. Point out successes more on a company scale.

2. Solutions Sales Engineering

I have been working at Internap Network Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Training
    Collaborative team
    Competitive technologies
    Great compensation programs

Cons

Health care is very expensive
    Hosting Operations and NOC need to work at being more proficient with the newer technologies
    Product management and Deve Engineering needs more resources
    Needs to be more efficient at bringing products to market.

Advice to Management

Invest in the hosting Operations team. Diversify them across different regions, too!
    We need architects and Sr. engineers who understand Agile and Devops methodologies in IT.
    Revisit the health insurance plan.
    Bring back the stock purchase plan