There are newer employer reviews for Intertek

Busy place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Leatherhead, England
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leatherhead, England

I have been working at Intertek full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growing company, getting bigger all the time. Opportunities to develop new skills through taking on opportunities as they arise

Cons

Workload can be intense at times

Spend more time in the labs

125 Other Employee Reviews for Intertek (View Most Recent)

London IT

Current Employee - Service Desk Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Service Desk Manager in London, England

I have been working at Intertek

Pros

Global company so meet and work with many cultures

Cons

to much control from USA

Communicate with staff

It Is the Wild West, Depends on What You Make of It

I worked at Intertek full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Truly global organization, operates with small entrepreneurial units despite its gigantic size, opportunity to meet some great people across the world, depending on your role, of course. I worked here 6 years and thrived, but that was largely due to my personality and initiative. That's the thing that's great, if you take initiative and responsibility, you can accomplish much, but don't expect that there to be any formalized professional development or anything, you can get it, though, based on your initiative. What helped me was that I was doing much of my boss's work as well, so this gave me leverage, but I can see why not everyone would be in that position or even want to do that.

Cons

Very high turnover rate, where almost 30% of employees leave the company every year - this is a gigantic number if you take into account the fact that they claim to have 30,000 employees, and they fudge all their numbers a lot. London HQ does not care about this, they even think of it as a great convenience because they don't have to shrink the workforce. There is absolutely no organic growth, and the company grows only through acquisitions. Then I have seen them change the sales targets on the top salespeople, all meant to curtail the payments made to the top sales talent. This is a counter-productive and short-sighted strategy. There is a lot of corporate cheating going on, as the company is set up as over 100-200 legal entities across the world, and many of these entities show that they are losing money. The stock analysts never have true visibility into what the company's operations are. The London HQ offices are kept deliberately modest, but then the Board of Directors really travels in style for Board meetings all over the world, so appearances and claims are very deceiving. Some people get promotions because they have affairs with top leadership members, and these are kind of open secrets.

Have more integrity, value the true talent that is within your company, rather than being a training ground for your competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for Intertek

Worked for Intertek? Contribute to the Community!